Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gear install kit or overhaul kit ?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear install kit or overhaul kit ?

Northridge has package deals on gears but I don't know which one to get the gears with the install kit or the overhaul kit ? I've got about 60,000 miles on my Jk 3:21 gears running 33" mt's. Also what spline count should I go with when I buy my axle shafts ? I'll be running the Jk Aussie up front and a detroit in the rear. I have an xmodel two door with the d30 and the 44 in the rear. Thanx guys. Any explaination about why you run the spline count you run would be helpful, I'm lost when it comes to this sorts thing.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overhaul kit definately! Call David at Northridge and he'll know what to set you up with. Very knowledgable and great prices, free shipping.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with that many miles why wouldn't you want to replace the bearings. Get the rebuild kits and be done with it. I didn't know the aussie was available in different spline counts on the JK? Go for the highest spline count you can for more surface contact.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went an install kit but I had about 15 k miles. At your mileage I'd do the rebuild kit. As big blue stated, get the most splines that you can get.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With that many miles on your jeep I would get the overhual kit .

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks
David

Quick Reply: Gear install kit or overhaul kit ?