Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gascap warning

Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only an advanced code reader will read all of the codes. The generic obd2 readers won't grab everything. My superchips will read everything from o2 sensors, disconnected air temp sensor, "radio missing", steering wheel off center, high fog light circuit current, etc. You can't pull those codes on the dash or with a generic reader.

On the topic of the gas cap- I've intentionally left mine off to see if I can get the 'gas cap' message but I didn't get that or a CEL so I put the cap back on (after 2 days of driving).
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warning went on this morning again. Did not come on after work and seams to be off. Thanks for everyone's advice. Sure is nice to have so much experience and knowledge at your finger tips.

Quick Reply: Gascap warning