Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas tank and transfer case skids??

Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas tank and transfer case skids??

I just ordered the Rockhard4x4 gas tank skid and transfer case skid. Who has them and are they easy to install? I will be installing them the night before we go to MOAB.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

I installed the gas tank skid in about an hour. Use a jack to help you lift the skid to the OEM skid, then wiggle it around to line up the bolts. Drill 2 holes in the rear, bolt it in, good to go.

It took a BEATING this past weekend for me on the rocks. Held up NICELY. Scratches and gouges. Nothing some paint won't restore.

IMO, coat the inside (part that touches the OEM skid) with some anti-rust paint. I used POR15 on the inside and outside of mine. Try to make it last as long as possible.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, Thats a good idea on the rust prevention.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Might as well. Water, mud, dirt, grime, etc. will definitely get up there when crossing some holes and would possibly just sit there. Over time, might pit and start to rust. Better safe than sorry.

Quick Reply: Gas tank and transfer case skids??