Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas savings??

Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wgrin
We all love our jeeps I'm sure I can say we all hate the current gas prices!
Has anyone done anything that has had a positive impact for saving some fuel?
All ideas are welcome!!
Heard on the news today that maybe by June this year gas will drop by as much as 50 cents a gallon. Here in Canada down to $1.10 - $1.15 litre.
Report out of New York.... Saying it will help the economy and get people out travelling again in their vehicles. Let's hope and pray this report is right
Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure the economy will continue to shift up and down with prices... You hear it all the time, its the consumers market... I know my wife and I have recently changed our driving styles due to the price of gas...
Old 05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Heard on the news today that maybe by June this year gas will drop by as much as 50 cents a gallon. Here in Canada down to $1.10 - $1.15 litre.
Report out of New York.... Saying it will help the economy and get people out travelling again in their vehicles. Let's hope and pray this report is right
Crude oil has dropped $16 by the barrel!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been driving slower. Speed limit here is 50 on the City highways and 55 on the Island, so I keep it about 60. I've been getting 19+ mpg (actually calculated not the stupid number on the dash)
Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I installed a Bully Dog on my stock JKU 2007 auto. Went from 16.5 (city) to 18mpg. Highway went from 17.5 to 20mpg. The Bully Dog has a "drive coach" that monitors the Jeep's energy and tells you I you are heavy on the throttle or wasting energy.

I normally drive between 60 and 70mph on highways. In the city I try to maximize the Jeep's heavy weight momentum but there are too many retards who brake for anything and simply cannot keep constant speed or jump in front of you after pulling from driveways and crossing two lanes just to "park" on the left lane. So, not much to do there.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Put some massive 28's and a huge 1" lift on one of these:
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vin
I've been driving slower. Speed limit here is 50 on the City highways and 55 on the Island, so I keep it about 60. I've been getting 19+ mpg (actually calculated not the stupid number on the dash)
So, the speed limit is 50 to 55 and you keep it down to about 60, lol, OK. That is funny, my Jeep has never hit 70, well, maybe once or twice. They just increased the limit to 75mph, oh well.

JR
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

You can drive slow, install chips, or drive with the wind blowing you from behind but we all knew when we bought our Jeeps gas was out of the question.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

My MPG tanks at speeds over 65, keep the RPM down when possible and keep things well tuned, tires properly inflated, etc. Running full synthetic oil to see if that helps too!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
JK Newbie

When i go on a week vacation, I trailer my Toyos to my ride spots and run my stock tires to get there as I take a dirt bike with me anyway. I get 20 mpg with stock vs 12 mpg with the Toyos. I have the Les Schwab tire center swap them out when I get there and swap them out when I leave for free. I'm going to Moab in the fall and there is no local Schwab so I'll change them out myself. It does save on the tire wear also. It would be tough getting rid of the stock tires so I just as well use them.

Quick Reply: Gas savings??