Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas savings??

Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dinojeep
I found a great solution. park the Jeep and ride the motorcycle. Oh yeah 45mpg
Not trashing you motorcycle guys but you say buy a motorcycle and get better gas mileage and save money. What are your yearly costs for license and insurance? Then add in the cost of the bike, title, yearly maintenance and a helmet if you wear one. Do you need a special drivers license for your state and what does it cost. Maybe over the years if you keep the same bike the cost may make it worth it but....

You still are paying on the Jeep and all it's costs and the bike. Financially I don't think you are saving anything.

I was a rider many years ago and it was not cheap to own one, it was only cheap on gas. You guys love to ride. If was was your only mode of transportation, you would be saving.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

does an air snorkel help with mpg due to cooler air getting into theair box?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
jdk
JK Freak

Easy on the skinney pedel and less weight
Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 33's, 3.21s, with a 6 speed and superchips. I am getting about 19 to 19.8 mpg.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

To hell with saving fuel. Drive it like you stole it but try to be safe. It's a jeep an jeeps are meant to be used and abused. Let the guy who buys it after I'm done with it restore it, baby it and bring it back to it's showroom shine. We all knew we bought a jeep not because of it fuel mileage but for what it can do. hallelujah and amen and where the hell is my beer? god bless our military
Old 06-28-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2 door 6 speed with 3.73 gears and it does pretty well on gas. I shift at around 2000rpms if im not in a hurry i was avg about 21mpg the other day before i took it off road and wheeled in 4lo for the day now my avg is 17.2
Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually get around 100 miles to the gallon. I get in the jeep, tie up my running shoes, get out and walk to the store. Its this crazy new gas saving idea I cam up with. Keep an eye out for my informertial on the lifestyle channel at 3 am!

In all seriousness, be easy on the pedal and sit behind another truck/ car if on the highway (DO NOT tailgate, just drive behind at a safe distance). My other car would gain about 3-4 mph if I cruised a few car lenghts behind another person rather then always being the head of the pack.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can say don't tailgate.... but if you ride close behind a semi it saves some serious gas haha. I've gotten mine up to 25 mpg going 55 behind a semi
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget that if you have a flashpac, you can set the throttle response.. I think I have mine on either low or moderate.... but when I first installed it, had it on high. Makes a big difference. Just be easy on the gas. I averaged 18.5-19 mpg on a recent trip down to Rehobeth Beach and back, and that's with around town driving mixed in while I was down there... With my 6 mile commute to work I could stretch one tank over 2 weeks, yet would average 15 mpg, figure out what works best for you.

I've got an unlimited sahara, 33's, flashpac, 3" spring lift, drop in aFe filter and aFe exhaust system. 4.10s Automatic tranny

Last edited by SJJK; 06-29-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just read through this thread, i'm suprised there was nomention of throttle body spacers or underdrive pulleys (if there even available).. So the best bang for the buck intake is ???????<--- fill in the blank..

Time to start shopping i guess.

Quick Reply: Gas savings??