Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas overflows

Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NativeMsSon
My 08 Rubi started doing it. we took it to dealer and they changed tank with no hassel.
Same thing with me. Took it in and got it back with a new tank. No grumbling or anything.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They ordered me a new gas tank today with no problem. First time interacting with local dealership. I was glad to see they were friendly and very helpful! Wasn't sure how it would go with everyone dogging their warranty on the forum.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to hear everyone is having positive dealer experiences.
Chrysler finally acknowledged this issue and seems most dealerships are replacing entire tank
no questions asked. I had mine done early spring this year, no questions asked. Just took about 3 weeks to get new tank.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its a shame cause I didn't have a good experience my 07 did it from the day I got it and just dealt with it once I realized it was a recall brought my jk in and dealer told me mine wasn't covered under that select 07's thing and had to deal with a chrysler rep then brought it to another dealership that a friend owns and his service guy order the part and told me I was covered under that select 07's thing who knew well I never got a chance to bring it back in to have them fix it but it eventually stopped doing it but guess what yep back to the over flow problem... so thats my story thanks for listening
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

I got a new tank as well. Problem solved
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

I had kind of put the overflow issue on hold in my mind - because I learned never to leave the nozzle unattended and the dealer said my 07 wasn't covered. Yesterday I wasn't thinking and left the nozzle and watched about half a gallon gush out. It happened on a day of all day road travel where the wind noise on the soft top was driving me crazy. Still love the jeep - but yesterday I could have strangled the nearest jeep salesman... :/
Old 09-30-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

My 08 did it for the first time last night. I guess just take it to a Jeep dealer and they can take care of it free of charge?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

My 07 was covered on the recall and the dealer took care of it. I had it happen about 4-5 times and was thinking something was faulty with the gas pump. Then I saw the recall letter in the mail. All is good now.

Quick Reply: Gas overflows