Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas Cans and CARB

Old 03-03-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe it is the spout that is different - it looks identical to the non-compliant but comes with a different spout. I have Wedco CARB-compliant cans, they were a perfect fit on my LOD racks. Here's a diagram with the dimensions if it helps.

I love these cans. They don't leak even if stored upside down, and the CARB-compliant spout doesn't leak if you have to use it instead of siphon system.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OffTopic
I do believe it is the spout that is different - it looks identical to the non-compliant but comes with a different spout. I have Wedco CARB-compliant cans, they were a perfect fit on my LOD racks. Here's a diagram with the dimensions if it helps.

I love these cans. They don't leak even if stored upside down, and the CARB-compliant spout doesn't leak if you have to use it instead of siphon system.
Thanks, OffTopic. I checked their website but didn't see anything about those cans being CARB compliant. Maybe I should check again in the morning when I'm not so sleepy.

Mikey
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt
Thanks, OffTopic. I checked their website but didn't see anything about those cans being CARB compliant. Maybe I should check again in the morning when I'm not so sleepy.

Mikey
I got mine from Expedition Exchange. They carry both - CARB-compliant and non-CARB compliant and you can take a look at them on their website. CARB compliant is $5 more than the regular ones for the special spout. Delivered to my house in less than 24 hours. Even though they are located in the same state, that's still pretty fast.

4wheelparts carries CARB-compliant Blitz cans. You can find them on their website.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

This new requirement is only for new cans, right? The way I see it is you can't purchase a new can unless it meets CARB specs, but you can still own an old one.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07rube
This new requirement is only for new cans, right? The way I see it is you can't purchase a new can unless it meets CARB specs, but you can still own an old one.

This is correct. I'm going to look at the wedco ones a bit more indepth and see what we can come up with for a possible mounting system for those that would prefure those...

CARB =

Quick Reply: Gas Cans and CARB