Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Garvin Wilderness Adventure Rack - Easy to rotate back for soft top?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I have a particular issue in that the garage I park in is 6'6" tall. I would rather not get too close to that limit, yet it is nice to know where the boundaries are.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Garvin adventure rack, and you do have to loosen the two bolts at the front. Doesn't take long to get the top down. There is no rattle on this rack. Solid rack.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Garvin Wilderness Rack

I had this rack on my '97 Sahara. You do have to rotate it back to lower/raise your soft top. With being said, it is not a difficult process. I just carried the tools in the jeep. I did not have any rattle with the rack. You have to remove the rack to take your hardtop on/off. I hauled my canoe and kayak everywhere with it. I would recommend it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2012 JKU and I didn't have to take the rack off for removing the hardtop.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ravenswood
I have the Garvin adventure rack, and you do have to loosen the two bolts at the front. Doesn't take long to get the top down. There is no rattle on this rack. Solid rack.
Do you think that you could use "quick pins" instead of bolts to make things faster with this rack?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Congo cage and am going to fab up some quick disconnect pins next week
Old 04-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DanoPhelps
Checking out the Garvin rack versus the Kongo Cage. I can see the Kongo Cage looks very straightforward to tilt back to put down a soft top. Does anyone have experience with the Garvin rack? It shows an ample pivot point, but I have not been able to find out if you have to remove and re-install screws to lower your soft-top. I like being able to lower on the fly. Happy for opinions.

-DP

The Congo Cage is the best one out there for quick pivot back for soft top operation...

just saying...Jeep Congo Cage - JK 4 Door 2007 & Up - Kargo Master Safari Store

Quick Reply: Garvin Wilderness Adventure Rack - Easy to rotate back for soft top?