Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Garage door 75.75" tall, would 35" tires / TF leveling kit still let me in?

Old 10-28-2015, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My old house also had a low garage door height. When it came time to put some 33's and a Tereflex leveling kit on my old JKU, I carefully measured the garage door opening, height of the JKU, etc. All was good. However, I forgot to take into account our lovely Ohio winters....

There had been no snow on the ground when I left for work one morning in January of 2013. During the day, it had snowed several inches. As I approached my driveway when I got off work, I thought to myself, "I better shovel this driveway as soon as I park (in the garage)". So....up goes the garage door, up the driveway I drove, and WHAM! The top of my JKU slammed into the top of the garage door opening. It never crossed my mind that packed snow would of course lift my Jeep up higher.

Fixing the garage and the JKU was not fun, but lesson learned.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aragorn
I have an older garage. The garage door opening is about 75 3/4" tall. I could possible remove the 1x4 trim piece running along the header if needed.
Just to give you an idea. I have 37 KO2 with the MC 3.5 on a 5400# JKU.

I am at 77-1/8 " at the highest point. I do have some rake, so the high point is the rear. So if you gained 3/4" from removing the trim, I would think you would be ok.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on a 3.5" AEV lift w/35" Toyo M/Ts on 17" wheels. Highest point I measured was 77".
Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Measured last night- fresh 2.5" RK coils plus 31.75" tires put me at 75". The RK coils actually measure the 2.5" of lift over factory coils- as measured from the shock mount surface to the halfway point in the lower shock bolt.

Quick Reply: Garage door 75.75" tall, would 35" tires / TF leveling kit still let me in?