Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

G2 Axle Core 44 JK Front Differential Seals

Old 07-16-2024, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 Axle Core 44 JK Front Differential Seals

Hoping someone else also has a G2 Axle Core 44 JK front differential housing... Technical part number is 67-2051JKF. I have this installed in a 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon.
Apparently G2 Axle has gone out of business, so their tech support line is... existant, but useless. Dude on the phone said it's the same axle seal as a Dana 60; that's ALL he could tell me. It's like they wiped all their tech info. But I swear when I asked them this question 4+ years ago, they said all components are the same as OEM.

End of the day here, I'm just trying to find axle seals for this diff. Others are also saying it's a DANA 60 seal. But.. some are also saying it's just your OEM Dana 44 seal.
Anyone have any sort of information? I'm running 30 spline (inner) Dana 44 RCV's in this...
I'd like to have the proper seals in hand before having this torn apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-27-2024, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jk inner seal

Did you by chance find a inner seal ? Im in the same boat but i have a tj g2 and i think it would be the same.
ecgs sent me what he thought would work wich was JL inners but they dont fit
Old 07-29-2024, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Well the best solutions are to either buy both types of seals and return the unused or take the seal out and match it with a new part. All depends on if you can handle the vehicle off the road for a couple of days extra.
Old 07-29-2024, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default G2 seal

Originally Posted by Morey
Hoping someone else also has a G2 Axle Core 44 JK front differential housing... Technical part number is 67-2051JKF. I have this installed in a 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon.
Apparently G2 Axle has gone out of business, so their tech support line is... existant, but useless. Dude on the phone said it's the same axle seal as a Dana 60; that's ALL he could tell me. It's like they wiped all their tech info. But I swear when I asked them this question 4+ years ago, they said all components are the same as OEM.

End of the day here, I'm just trying to find axle seals for this diff. Others are also saying it's a DANA 60 seal. But.. some are also saying it's just your OEM Dana 44 seal.
Anyone have any sort of information? I'm running 30 spline (inner) Dana 44 RCV's in this...
I'd like to have the proper seals in hand before having this torn apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

so its not a dead thread online
This is the seal i ended up using. It fit perfect on a tj g2 core housing, mine was new so i had no seals to compare

Quick Reply: G2 Axle Core 44 JK Front Differential Seals