Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FYI Mickey Thompson MTZs=Horrible

Old 04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am lovin mine in the 33 size. On and offroad and was diggin them on a long road trip we made in the JK. I couldn't be happier with mine and would recommend them and will be replacing them with MTZ's again when these ones wear out.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbuettner
I am running MTZ 35x12.5/17's with no issues what so ever.
Me, too. They did great aired done to 15 PSI on granite rocks.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I finally got to the bottom of the issue. I had to get the tires trued because they were so out of round. The amount of tread they took off isn't even noticeable and then they rebalanced the tires. The car rides great now. If you can find a shop that does this I can't believe the difference. They also balance the tires on the vehicle so they spin them up to 100 mph where as any other road force machine only spins to 45.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do think Mickey Thompson should have paid for it though. Really a pain to deal with them.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

if you drive in the city like i do you may not like the ride. it dosent bother me because i like the nosie they make. but i have 33s and no problems with anything right at this momenr thnkfully
Old 05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow looks like 3 pages of ppl saying this is a bad review and i would completly agree... i loved my MTZs!! smooth quiet and AMAZING offroad!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Abesonite
Well I finally got to the bottom of the issue. I had to get the tires trued because they were so out of round. The amount of tread they took off isn't even noticeable and then they rebalanced the tires. The car rides great now. If you can find a shop that does this I can't believe the difference. They also balance the tires on the vehicle so they spin them up to 100 mph where as any other road force machine only spins to 45.
God just killed a kitten.

JK - Glad this worked out for you.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Did you ever remove the speed clips from the brake rotors when you installed the wheel spacers. If the speed clips were left on and the spacers installed on top of them, the wheel assembly WOULD have excessive tread runout.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beating a dead horse for posts!

I love mine...24 psi on the street ( i only drive 6 miles round-trip to work) and as low as 18 off-road and no complaints. I love the way it looks and it's very aggressive off highway. Once I forgot to put it in 4WD and climbed out of a fairly steep mud bank with these tires...I will buy them again when they wear out.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Westbayou
and rip offroad.
Yeah, they "rip offroad" alright. My wife sliced the sidewalls in THREE!! of hers yesterday. Did not hold up well on their maiden voyage offroad.

Quick Reply: FYI Mickey Thompson MTZs=Horrible