Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

future proof tuner for ripp supercharger later

Old 12-31-2015, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default future proof tuner for ripp supercharger later

Hi, first time post here. I was wondering if there is a tuner I can buy now to recalibrate for tire size and gears that will work in the future with a ripp supercharger? I have a shed full of parts and wand to install my axles and wheels asap and still be able to recalibrate. There will probably be a 2 month gap between getting it and putting all my other stuff on.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtvjk
Hi, first time post here. I was wondering if there is a tuner I can buy now to recalibrate for tire size and gears that will work in the future with a ripp supercharger? I have a shed full of parts and wand to install my axles and wheels asap and still be able to recalibrate. There will probably be a 2 month gap between getting it and putting all my other stuff on.
Most of the bolt-on Forced Induction manufacturers recommend AEV ProCal for wheels, diff, and calibration.

Usually best to get the Jeep to OEM tune-wise, load the desired RIPP, Magnuson, Edelbrock, Sprintex, ProCharger, Prodigy, Banks, etc tune, then calibrate wheel size, gears, TPMS, etc with the AEV ProCal.

This is just what I have noticed by researching various forced induction and tuners. Everyone seems to default to the AEV ProCal and supposedly it writes to a different part of the PCM (ECM) than the tune (fuel map, shift points, etc).
Old 12-31-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

My Ripp SC for 3.8 came with the Diablo tuner which is used for tuning, etc. But, because MAX is special - he always requires extra on every new addition I do. So, also needed the AEV for extra tuning to smooth out shift points.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you, that was the exact info I have been hunting for!

Quick Reply: future proof tuner for ripp supercharger later