Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

funny but scary noises?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah esp is a b!#$* on those tight turns for most of us.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no .. our house burnt down, so we got extra money .. and money from the insurance, we were stupid and now were paying for it.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi JK girl. Have you removed the plastic air damm yet. It may be catching the tires. Also if the front swaybar links are on wrong, they could be rubbing. Vibration should not be pressent if using the double cardon shafts. Although they may have left something loose on one end of the drive line. Make sure your track bars are tight to spec. I installed RE 4.5 and have not seen a vibration at any castor setting. I dont like the way the RE rear drive line mounts at the rear diff. I went to a different bolt to get tight. I will probably put a Tom woods diff flange on the rear diff to get a good tight fittment. Take a pic of each side of your front swaybar links. I will have a better idea whats catching. And also a shot of the rear diff flange( connection of diff to driveshaft). Late JP
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
no .. our house burnt down, so we got extra money .. and money from the insurance, we were stupid and now were paying for it.
Sorry bout that sweetie, hope yall do ok.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

I got the right backspacing. The shop said 3.34 to 4.5 " backspacing. I got 4" backspacing .. and I have 17x8 rims (what my stock is too) ... the wheels are 35x12.50s
Don't quote me on this but I have the same kit on my jeep (4.5" long arm) and the people at Rubicon Express told me that I had to have a 4.5" backspacing on my wheels, you should double check just to make sure you are running the correct backspacing.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

thanks mk. Things are just 'things' right now. Not good .. not great not horrible. Just there ..we are getting by. Its though.

Jeepin makes me happy!

I will call RE and ask them, just to double check that will make me mad. Means I will have to get spacers .. gah!

I will go take pictures now .... and post em!

Quick Reply: funny but scary noises?