Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full vs. Shorty Front Bumper

Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I have been debating this same thing. I have been looking at shorty or mids, but cant make up my mind. I like the shorty but really like the LoD Mid...But Really like the OR-Fab shorty, man some one shot me...the choices we get to make with this awesome vehicle.

Good Luck on this one lets us know which way you go.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Let me add another "vote" for the mid-width. Also, at least on some of them, the mid-widths can accommodate fog lights. I went full-width on the rear thinking that I can't see as well when backing up, so max protection was needed. But, I haven't yet regretted the mid-width front (Shrockworks, BTW) ...

Old 03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mvnolan
I went with the RR XHD. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. The approach angles and versatility it gives you are out of this world. Protection hasn't been an issue for me as of yet, but you can order the endcaps if it becomes an issue later, or to get it inspected in other states.
I've got the RR XHD also. Best of both worlds because you can add/remove the end pieces when you want. All it takes is removing three bolts on either side!

What it looks like now.....

What it looked lile a few weeks ago....
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Echo!

Living in Utah has its advantages.

PS: Wheezer= U.S. Army Retired, 1981-2001.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I want to get a stubby but the midi's are looking nice also... nice pics everyone
Old 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

if you ever decide to get flat fenders or trim the stock ones, i personally think a full width would look really silly, but thats just me, im biased, i love stubbys. and if my tire comes into contact to hard with something and say breaks my axle or whatever, then thats a perfect excuse to upgrade to a prorock! i do like the mids too, but LOVE shortys. poser shot
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Love mine!! Midi is the way to go!

yours and the Hanson IMO are the best lookin mids out
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

I like the look of a short width bumper with cut or no fender.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the shorty look, but somebody brought up the point of ripping your fenders off in the woods. Here in South Carolina I'm more likely to be in the woods than rock crawling so it has me re-thinking. Those mids look great. I was thinking shorty earlier to have more room for the 35's. Guess I'll revist the Northridge site and look at those mids and fulls again.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssunde1
if you ever decide to get flat fenders or trim the stock ones, i personally think a full width would look really silly, but thats just me, im biased, i love stubbys. and if my tire comes into contact to hard with something and say breaks my axle or whatever, then thats a perfect excuse to upgrade to a prorock! i do like the mids too, but LOVE shortys. poser shot
That EVO stubby looks sweet!!!

Quick Reply: Full vs. Shorty Front Bumper