Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction Trackbars

Old 07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check tonight
Old 07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Too bad I can't be more informative. I'm confident overall that you'll be fine and the trackbar will do its job. But I understand the pain in the a$$ with the clunking.

Definitely investigate the joint and the nut, that whole area, pretty closely tonight and come back.

I'll talk to some fellow Jeepers once I get home from work. In the meantime I hope another forum member with your same experience will chime in.

I'll check up on this tread tomorrow or tonight, whenever you look at your trackbar again. I'll be sue to add in my 2 cents, and add in what my fellow crew has to say.

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

My FT front track bar heim joint went bad too. It was clunking really loud when I turned the wheel. The easiest way to see if that is your clunk, is have someone turn the wheel back and forth and watch it move.

You can get a new one for around $35 from dave at Northridge. Or see if FT will replace it under warranty. I took mine off to send it back, I'm hoping they will warranty it.

Last edited by Buster; 07-29-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

yeah it looks like I will replace it, warranty wont cover me.. I bought my TB's from a forum member
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Buster
My FT front track bar heim joint went bad too. It was clunking really loud when I turned the wheel. The easiest way to see if that is your clunk, is have someone turn the wheel back and forth and watch it move.

Mine did this too. Then I torqued it to spec (125 lb. ft) at both ends. Now, no more clunk and smoother than factory.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john smack
I dont know what you are saying other than you are getting a new one
What I said is that the TB at the frame was grinding the bracket (inside). The sleeve that goes through the rubbing did had come loose. So to fixe this my friend weld 2 nuts each side of the frame bracket (outside). The 2 nuts were before drill to make a prefect match the the bolt.

Before I did that the TB were also clunking.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by john smack
yeah it looks like I will replace it, warranty wont cover me.. I bought my TB's from a forum member
That sucks. Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you're not losing too much money. If you're definitely replacing it though, I'm telling you, everyone is liking the JKS adjustable track bars. They're not as expensive as the others, but so far they seem to have the best reputation.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

yeah no worries about this I picked up both front and rear bars from another member for $200 bucks so replacing an end isnt that bad

Quick Reply: Full Traction Trackbars