Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full- Traction Suspension?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Can you fit 37s with the 3 inch srs? What did the premium 3 inch run you guys$ I can't decide between RK and FT.
You can fit 37's on our 3" kit. You just need flat fenders and 4" bump stops. If you order this from us I will include the correct bump stops.

Originally Posted by southerndmax05
I'm not going to push any product yet since i have not experienced all of them. But buying my first lift for the jk i was stuck like you considering RK, FT, Tera and BDS. I was set on FT when i was ready to buy, liked the way it looked and quality of parts guys were saying on this forum and around the web. I really liked the Tera kits also but for the money i was looking more at the FT or RK kits. Well after doing more research for about 2 months it came down to parts warranty and they way the lift rode and sat. After looking at company websites and talk around the web i noticed the FT kit only offers a 1 year warranty on hard parts vs the RK lifetime warranty. Started looking at RK and guys rigs on here and seeing how well built their lifts were. Now nowhere on this forum on the web really have i seen anyone with a FT kit needing a warranty issue or even complaining of one, great kit, but being that RK will offer lifetime and help you whenever you need it just seems like the company tries that extra mile for the customer. Thats why i decided to go with Rk and will be installing soon. Now trhe BDS, i called a couple 4x4 shops in lafayette, LA and right off the back the were talking about the BDS. Now i know BDS builds good stuff for trucks and other vehichles and i'm sure for jeeps. Kept talking about their lifetime no questions asked warranty. But just google about that warranty and see what customers are saying. Also when the shop told me the BDS was better than the RK kit and RE kist i knew he was just trying to sell me their most adevertised kit. I think FT and RK and even Tera are the best for these jk's and will do you just fine. I say jsut do some more research reading older threads and really get to know the products and company your buying from. Good Luck... it will take awhile and get frustrating bouncing from company to company.
We have a life time warranty on Hard parts, Control arms, brackets etc..
Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a pic of the FT 3 inch on 37s with out the flat fenders, I don't plan on cutting Mine, But I'm also not going rock crawling or flexing a ton.

Thanks for the Fast reply FT.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Former Member

Does anyone have a pic of the FT 3 inch on 37s with out the flat fenders, I don't plan on cutting Mine, But I'm also not going rock crawling or flexing a ton.

Thanks for the Fast reply FT.
IF you don't flex, you should be fine for road driving. The worst you can do is ripp fenders off.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension

IF you don't flex, you should be fine for road driving. The worst you can do is ripp fenders off.
^^^^ this.

I have the FT 3" lift with 35s, I'll rub a little, but it's not that much of a concern for the above reason. It'd be an easy fix.

If I wasn't on the trails id be 100% confident there would never be a time where the tires and fenders would meet...
Old 12-06-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the 3" lift and 37's for a while with stock fenders. The rubbing wasn't bad at all, especially with stock bumpers. After adding front and rear LoD bumpers I rubbed a little more.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

I went with the FT 4" just so I could keep the stock fenders. No rubbing during rock crawling flex, only an occasional contact with the combo of speed, off camber dip and body lean.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Full- Traction Suspension?