Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction long arm Suspension Systems

Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Stopped by 4wd hardware today to order some parts, Here's an update picture of the 4 door JK, Its back on 37's. Not sure why

Appears he's running Pro Comp MX-6 shocks with this kit. Yeah even though Bob's JK looks great, I liked it better when he had the 38" MTR Kevlars with the Rugged Ridge rims

Glad I stumbled onto this thread, was about to go with a 6" Teraflex lift but now I have seen the light...... Looks like it will be Full Tractions 6" long arm for me....

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 11-17-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He blew the fronts out wheeling and put the MX6's on. I have them on the rears, but broke the adjuster knobs off the first trip over the rocks. I wouldnt suggest them if you wheel.

I'm not sure why he swapped the 37's back on. I know he still has the RR rims with the kevlars.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

for the original poster... another bolt on long arm is BDS 4" and 6.5" lift, and right now BDS is having a big sale 6.5LA kit for $2600 bucks (Canadian coin) awsome deal considering the FT LA kit is a hair under $4000 (canadian coin)

Not 100% how they compare to each other but I bet they would be and perform very similar
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by john smack
for the original poster... another bolt on long arm is BDS 4" and 6.5" lift, and right now BDS is having a big sale 6.5LA kit for $2600 bucks (Canadian coin) awsome deal considering the FT LA kit is a hair under $4000 (canadian coin)

Not 100% how they compare to each other but I bet they would be and perform very similar
BDS has fixed lower arms, No adjustable track bars, and doesnt have the replacement Cross member. to me thats a big difference. Although I'm sure it rides nice.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry i thought FT had fixed lower arms as well.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wheel spacers

Originally Posted by bean69
Thanks alot everyone for all the great input seems like I'm gonna go with: 4" LA FT system w/ M-forces and 1310 tom woods front and rear. And some 35s or 37s down the road.
Much to my embarrasment and dismay I could fit the stock tires and wheels on after the lift. The back spacing of the stock rims is about +6", but the rear control arms require about 4 1/2" of backspacing. Moral of that story is to find the correctly spaced replacement rims, or order wheel spacers. Otherwise your newly lifted Jeep will continue to sit on jack stands like mine did.

I point this out because it sounded to me like your planning to put the stock tires back on until "down the road".
Also you can do this lift yourself without much trouble, but plan on MUCH longer than what the instructions say. It took my Dad and I about four full days to install (then another three waiting for rims).
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JeeperDude
Much to my embarrasment and dismay I could fit the stock tires and wheels on after the lift. The back spacing of the stock rims is about +6", but the rear control arms require about 4 1/2" of backspacing. Moral of that story is to find the correctly spaced replacement rims, or order wheel spacers. Otherwise your newly lifted Jeep will continue to sit on jack stands like mine did.

I point this out because it sounded to me like your planning to put the stock tires back on until "down the road".
Also you can do this lift yourself without much trouble, but plan on MUCH longer than what the instructions say. It took my Dad and I about four full days to install (then another three waiting for rims).

it'll definetly take some time. I found a couple quick tricks, If you can borrow a Plasma cutter. It'll cut the install time 10X's.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 11-17-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Former Member

I thought they stopped making the M-Force shocks? Or did they just redesign them?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
I thought they stopped making the M-Force shocks? Or did they just redesign them?
new supplier. But now that you ask. I'm not sure they are out yet. Which is why you sell them the bilsteins... LOL
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
new supplier. But now that you ask. I'm not sure they are out yet. Which is why you sell them the bilsteins... LOL
Talked to FT about 90 minutes ago.... M-Force not available at least for the 6" kit, advised to go with Bilstein 5100's

Quick Reply: Full Traction long arm Suspension Systems