Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction long arm Suspension Systems

Old 11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I've heard nothing bad about the FT long arm kit. I just wonder why people would want a bolt on long arm kit. It's not like you can go back to stock. So why mess with having to retorque all those bolts? Can you weld in th FT if you prefer?
you can install it yourself and not have to pay a welder. I've never had to touch any bolts on the brackets. I marked them when I installed the lift and they have not moved.

But yes, you can weld the kit on if you really want. I see no reason to weld it on.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going with the FT kit but still trying to figure out if I want the 4 or 6 inch lift, as I do have elderly family members which I do drive areound every now and then. Any suggestions on the drive shaft replacement.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bean69
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going with the FT kit but still trying to figure out if I want the 4 or 6 inch lift, as I do have elderly family members which I do drive areound every now and then. Any suggestions on the drive shaft replacement.
I'd go with the 4", the 6" is tall..

Of course if you change your mind, you can always swap out springs and shocks, and bump stops
Old 11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I've heard nothing bad about the FT long arm kit. I just wonder why people would want a bolt on long arm kit. It's not like you can go back to stock. So why mess with having to retorque all those bolts? Can you weld in th FT if you prefer?
I asked Full Traction this same question when I purchased their long arm kit. They said that yes it can be welded in if you prefer, but they don't recommend welding it in. In the rare event that you somehow manage to bent a control arm bracket or the cross member it can be easily replaced if it's bolted in.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Stopped by 4wd hardware today to order some parts, Here's an update picture of the 4 door JK, Its back on 37's. Not sure why

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FT.jpg
Views:	1131
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	32941  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I love mine. Go with the 4". I have the 4" and my parents can still get in, but just. And I only have 33's. I have the Woods drive shafts and have no complaints.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Great input. Lots of help. One last thing Shocks. Go with the ones they provide or go to a with another after market company.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Great input. Lots of help. One last thing Shocks. Go with the ones they provide or go to a with another after market company.
If your going with a FT brand, M-force is the way to go.

Bilstein is another good shock Fulltraction uses on the lifts
Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
If your going with a FT brand, M-force is the way to go.

Bilstein is another good shock Fulltraction uses on the lifts
Good morning to you all!!

I will agree with Pig once again. I was originally planning on Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks after speaking with "mmcan"; but rancho needed the suspension articulation data to build them. It was going to be a hassle to get that data so I went to FT for the M-force. However FT was out of stock and awaiting a shipment; so I went with the Bilsteins Ft recommended for the lift, again on the assurance of my builder. Well guess what? They're great!
I am convinced that FT did their homework on these kits.
Regarding "ease of entry/exit". With my setup, it measures 25" to the bottom of the stock "rubi rocker" You have to lift your foot over 32" to get it over the door sill and onto the floor One of my first mods was a set of four grab handles to aid entry/exit!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks alot everyone for all the great input seems like I'm gonna go with: 4" LA FT system w/ M-forces and 1310 tom woods front and rear. And some 35s or 37s down the road.

Quick Reply: Full Traction long arm Suspension Systems