Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction Adjustable Track Bar Install Question

Old 04-16-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction Adjustable Track Bar Install Question

OK I've seen the noise thread related to the FT adj track bars and plan to grease the $#!T out of them...lol

My question is how do I determine what length to adjust them?
Someone posted to set them 1/4" longer than stock and should be just about right on. Maybe so, maybe no, but how do you determine the appropriate length?

Should I use any lock-tite on the threads? Sorry as there were no instuctions included with my lift or track bars.

This is with a 2" HD OME spring lift on 2 dr X.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

You need to measure how much offset your axle has before you remove the factory bar. Once you have that measurement, make the Adj bar that much longer then the stock bar. I had to move my axle 3/8", so I made my FT bar 3/8" longer then the stock one.

Use anti seize on the thread part of the adj joint and locktite on the bolts that hold it to the axle and frame.

WOL's FT write up

WOL's Basis alignment writye-up
Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bly109
You need to measure how much offset your axle has before you remove the factory bar. Once you have that measurement, make the Adj bar that much longer then the stock bar. I had to move my axle 3/8", so I made my FT bar 3/8" longer then the stock one.

Use anti seize on the thread part of the adj joint and locktite on the bolts that hold it to the axle and frame.

WOL's FT write up

WOL's Basis alignment writye-up
Do you make it 3/8" longer or 1/2 of the full measurement off (3/16ths)?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hiteck
Do you make it 3/8" longer or 1/2 of the full measurement off (3/16ths)?
Half of the full off measurement. Mine was off close to 3/4 total, so I moved it 3/8" towards the passenger side

Quick Reply: Full Traction Adjustable Track Bar Install Question