Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction 3" -vs- Tereflex 3"

Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had experience with both of these manufacturers and hands down go Teraflex period! I won't go into details but I won't touch Full-traction ever again.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

ive never had issues with my FT kits, of course i do make sure everythings greased up before and after trail rides.

Its made in the USA.

FT had a big batch of bad bushings, that kinda shot them in the foot. I've ran moab and the eastcoast with my current set and have not had issues to speak of.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
ive never had issues with my FT kits, of course i do make sure everythings greased up before and after trail rides.

Its made in the USA.

FT had a big batch of bad bushings, that kinda shot them in the foot. I've ran moab and the eastcoast with my current set and have not had issues to speak of.
Yeah they had a bad batch of bushings that they wont send you the replacements for unless you bend over backwards and then you probably still wont get them. This was all after they claimed nothing was wrong with them too.

On the other hand i've got teraflex quick disconnects and the bushings wore out in those. One Private message later they were sent to me ups. No questions asked.

Go with teraflex.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Do a search, theres plenty of guys on here that have got sent handfuls of replacements with no hassle

They are switching to clevite bushing, so its pointless to argue anyhow
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it has to be between those two, I would def. say go with the tera. Wheeled w someone who had a pretty bad accident with his FT arms.

There are alot of other choices that are GREAT and come with lifetime no questions warranties, it's worth it to shop around.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JeepFish
If it has to be between those two, I would def. say go with the tera. Wheeled w someone who had a pretty bad accident with his FT arms.

There are alot of other choices that are GREAT and come with lifetime no questions warranties, it's worth it to shop around.
I totalled my JK, the front axle was ripped out.

the arms were not damaged at all
Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Do a search, theres plenty of guys on here that have got sent handfuls of replacements with no hassle

They are switching to clevite bushing, so its pointless to argue anyhow
Yeah but the point here is their customer service blows. They weren't willing to help out 1 or 2 guys that had bad bushings but when they had a bad batch they still weren't willing to help. Instead they just are redoing the new arms and the people who either have the bad/squeeky bushings are SOL unless they want to buy new ends.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like good advice if I ever decide to go that route. . .
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

A great product, customer service, honesty, loyalty, is absolutly EVERTYHING. If and when I find that, I won't ever go anywhere else. Hope you all agree. If thats the case, we can put the crap, and the assholes outa biz.... Which will be great as long as the good guys dont become bad and uneccessarily raise their prices. Nuff said.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Thank you everyone very much for you input...I know this wasn't on my list when I posted this but I am now going back and forth between the TF setup and the EVO long arm setup. Obviously I won't be able to afford their coil over setup, but I could do their long arms and the TF coils...

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Full Traction 3" -vs- Tereflex 3"