Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction 3" -vs- Tereflex 3"

Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction 3" -vs- Tereflex 3"

My JK is going to done in stages, just because of lack of a HUGE amount of money to get the dyatrac's, lift, etc...etc...

So, like most the people of this world I have in-mind 4 stages to this build.

Stage I

3" lift complete with adjustable arms
35" tires
4.88 gears (I have the 6-speed rubicon)
Bumpers (LOD frona and rear)

Stage II

Dynatrac Pro rock 60's with 5.38 gears
37" tires
Flat fender's of some type

Stage III

Hemi installed... (to turn the upcomming 40's)

Stage IV

Upgrade to long arm's and Evo's Coil overs
40" tires

Sooo, with all that said My JK is my Daily Driver and weekend warior / excursion vehicle (camping ect).

On my TJ I went with the 4.5" rubicon express and I have been less than impressed so I don't want those arms on my JK.

I am impressed with the Full Traction and the Tereflex and have heard good things. I know I will get a lot of opinions, so let me try and give you a few questions to answer.
  1. What was the "actual" lift height after lift (How much did It yield)
  2. What is the ride quality on the road
  3. Does it flex well off road and do you rub any at full stuff and turned all the way
  4. If you had to buy a lift again would you get the same lift, if not please expand on what lift you would get.

Thank you for your advise / input on this topic as I know it has been hashed so many times.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went the teraflex route. It netted about 4.5-4.75" in the front. Ride is a little more firm, which i wanted, with less harshness on bumps. Obviously, due to the better dampners vs factory.

I really considered the FT lift, but saw the squeek issue due to the bushing on past lifts and didn't wanna risk it. May not even be an issue as of today, but I knew of a few others who went the teraflex route and are quite as mouse offroad. Any rig will get noisy over time if not maintained, greased properly. I would say go with with who evers lift will offer the best bang for the buck with your upgrade path your taking. I have a somewhat simlar path and went the Teraflex route. I plan to run Evo's coilovers and rear leveler next summer.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

I've been pleased with the Teraflex 3" full flex lift.
Getting ORE front coil overs this week.
Had I known, I would not have gotten the front TF lift,
but gone straight to the coil overs up front.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Teraflex all the way, plus Joe stands behind it no matter what. his customer service is second to none.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

My vote goes to TF just because i've heard way more good things about them. (haven't really heard too many complaints from either though).

My only suggestion:

Why go with 4.88's on stage 1, then go 5.38's on stage 2? You have a rubicon so you can throw 5.38's in it. That way when you swap out the front axle, you don't have to regear the back. 5.38's would be a little overkill with a 6speed on 35's(if it's geared too low you can always just throw it in 2nd gear to start out and 6th gear on the highway would still be tolerable).

Last edited by stlfan06; 10-11-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had bought a FT longarm and was going to put it on.... didn't mostly because of the pain in the ass install.... but I also didn't like the cheap poly 2 piece bushings in the arms. They reminded me of the cheapo superlift and skyjacker TJ arm bushings that always sounded like squeaky trailers eventually. I dunno why the poly plastic hard bushings just turn me off. FT is now copying the rubber bushings that Tera has been using for years.

I am really happy with the tera kit. The customer service is insanely great too. I bought my kit with only lower front and upper rear flex arms to start but bought the other 4 later. I havent had a sqeak or issue from them. I grease them at every oil change and after any wheeling trips and they have never made a peep. Sometimes I wish I had gone ahead with the tera long arm... but not because the short arm has limited me at all. You should call Joe at Teraflex and talk to him about some of the differences between their kits and the rest. He wont try to shove their product down your throat.

BTW... I don't think Full Traction is crap at all. I think they make great stuff. I am running a pure jeep bumper and it is made by the same people as FT and it is great. I just think Tera suspension is a little better bang for the buck. They not only just make jeep suspensions... they also wheel their products.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

TERAFLEX all the way
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Jedi

TeraFlex is worth the money
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of those kits were on my list, but I discarded the FT because the new bushings had not been released.

I had problems in the past with bushings on other Jeeps and between squeaks, rough rides and broken parts, I didn't want to take a chance. The bushings are one of the strong points of the stock parts.

As you can tell from the posts here, the TF seems like a solid choice.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone say my name? With a TeraFlex 3" kit #1451300, you'll get 8 adjustable FlexArms for your JK. The 3" kits will lift the front 4.25", this helps to eliminate that factory rake. I would add the #1753418 front HD Forged Trackbar. Hey in a few months you can add some TeraFlex CRD60's front and rear on it also. If you have any questions about TeraFlex lifts or JK's. Give me a call.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 3" -vs- Tereflex 3"