Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction 3" Ultimate install ???s

Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Full Traction 3" Ultimate install ???s

What is involved to install adjustable control arms such as Full Traction's ultimate lift? I've seen WOL's directions for installing the basic econo lift but how do you adjust the adjustable arms on the ultimate lift. Is it trial and error or is it clear how to set the length of the arms? I've searched but haven't been able to find a thread about this.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOL is working on an ultimate write up. It is a little bit trial and error. Go a little shorter on the uppers and a little longer on the lowers.

Maybe everyone with the ultimate can chime in on the length of their control arms to give you a place to start.

In the back you dont want to push the lowers out too far or your coils will rub on the track bar.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
In the back you dont want to push the lowers out too far or your coils will rub on the track bar.
Mine rubs, but i was trying to get the rear pinion corrected. it's still way to steep.

My advice start from stock length and adjust from there. I dont have any of the measurements from mine.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know on previous Jeeps I've always had to adj. the UCAs all the way to almost all the way in.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 3" Ultimate install ???s