Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full traction 3" lift users I need help with these questions

Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full traction 3" lift users I need help with these questions

ok SO my bump stop is hitting the bump stop extension. At almost full flex.

I don't think the axle needs moved?? Can I just grind away the little bit thats contacting it??

Second issue both front tires (35's) hit the front bumper at flex and when the wheels turned. Is this normal??

I Want to get a shrockworks mid width but not sure If i will rub that too?? Will I have to get a stubby to be clear of contact?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the FT 3" ultimate and I really don't think I have the issue with the bolt hitting the bump stop extension. I also removed my bumper so not sure about the tire/bumper issue. Did you buy the Ultimate kit?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

ya I have the ultimate kit.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you have the ultimate kit and your track bar bolt is hitting the bump stop extension, you will need to shorten the lenghts of your lower control arms or.... yeah, you could just grind the top of the bump stop a bit and call it a day
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you go with the M-force shocks and if you did can you please give us a review of your ride quality? I researched long and hard before dropping $2k on this lift/shocks only to have my once smooth riding '08 4dr Sahara turned into something I almost can't stand driving because the horrendously stiff suspension sucks! It's like riding a rigid tail chopper. Others rave about theirs so something is not right with mine. Maybe something changed on the '08 JK's or FT sent me the wrong shocks or springs. I've already bitched in other threads but took a friend of mine for a ride who's also owned several jeeps and without me even asking he said he was shocked at how choppy and rough the ride was for a new Jeep and we were on pavement. Man, I'm starting to hate this thing as it's 10x worse than CJ's or even the POS Samurai I had in highschool.

Thanks Full Traction for ruining my awesome Jeep and than not responding to any of my emails to figure out what's wrong! Sorry for the rant I'm just really bummed right now.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Hey red7, just out of curiosity, how do you have your M-Force shocks installed? Are the can side up or down? Because, they NEED to be can side up in order for them to valve properly and I'm wondering if that might be your problem. Also, what size tires are you running and what kind of psi do you have in them?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hey red7, just out of curiosity, how do you have your M-Force shocks installed? Are the can side up or down? Because, they NEED to be can side up in order for them to valve properly and I'm wondering if that might be your problem. Also, what size tires are you running and what kind of psi do you have in them?
Yep, can side up with 35's and I lowered my psi to 28 which sets off my sensors but has no effect on the stiff ride quality. Your write up was awesome for the install as is the quality of the components but something is wrong and I dont know if FT sent me the wrong springs, shocks or what. Not wanting to hijack this thread so you can PM me if you think that would better if you have any ideas. I did get 4-4.5" of lift out of this which was cool but seems strange. What sucks is that I'm in Mexico and can't imagine having to drive this thing until I go back for Christmas at which time I can get new springs, shocks or maybe get rid of this whole suspension all together.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by red7
Yep, can side up with 35's and I lowered my psi to 28 which sets off my sensors but has no effect on the stiff ride quality. Your write up was awesome for the install as is the quality of the components but something is wrong and I dont know if FT sent me the wrong springs, shocks or what. Not wanting to hijack this thread so you can PM me if you think that would better if you have any ideas. I did get 4-4.5" of lift out of this which was cool but seems strange. What sucks is that I'm in Mexico and can't imagine having to drive this thing until I go back for Christmas at which time I can get new springs, shocks or maybe get rid of this whole suspension all together.
Something is definitely wrong with what I'm hearing... please check your PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I Want to get a shrockworks mid width but not sure If i will rub that too?? Will I have to get a stubby to be clear of contact?
We are running 37" tires. 4" Superlift springs with the 5" RockKrawler links. This is pushing the axles forward-back slightly yet we have more contact issues with the top of the grill than at full lock and stuff than our bumper. It doesn't touch with our set up but different backspacing may have different results. I think you will be fine with the mid width.

Nick
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

my back spacing is 4.75. The front axles I think are centered right. THe springs are perfectly straight no bends at all.

MY FT Rides REAL ROUGH. You can tell how much stiffer the Shocks are over stocker. I can compress the stockers with ease. The FT's are very hard to compress. I also have the HD springs, I ordered then because I want to put a wench and aftermarket bumper up front. I'm used to riding in rough suspensions so it wasn't real bother some, but it definatly does not ride like it did. IT was a nice ride before. I can say it articulates very smoothly.

WayofLife If this isn't normal please let me know. Because the front is pretty dang stiff, I can stand on the front bumper and it barley lowers at all. I weigh 150lbs. Also do you thin I should shorten the axles or just grind it? I would think shortening them I'd have to adjust my pinion again too. IT barley hits its just the outer most edge of the bolt. Which would be best. SO far the rear isn't rubbing anywhere at all.

Last edited by CarFanatic; 10-04-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Full traction 3" lift users I need help with these questions