Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction 2" econo lift installed

Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TekWarren
I may look into the shock extensions. Dave said this issue seems to happen with stock shocks only. The kit says it is complete with the option of new shocks...probably should be a requirement! I will also be getting discos when the new kit is available.
If you add the shock extensions you need the 2"-3" extended sway bar disconnects. If you go with stock length you will bind up your front axle.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TekWarren
I may look into the shock extensions. Dave said this issue seems to happen with stock shocks only. The kit says it is complete with the option of new shocks...probably should be a requirement! I will also be getting discos when the new kit is available.
I had shock extensions... same sh*t.

Originally Posted by britjk
If you add the shock extensions you need the 2"-3" extended sway bar disconnects. If you go with stock length you will bind up your front axle.

Had those too

TF is a much better design.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to rearrange the rear passenger side spring this weekend. I heard some metalic rattling and found the spring is in the same shape as the other (pics almost the same as above). Did the same "fix" as before, disconnected the sway and shock in order to "kick" the spring back into place on the spacer and then rotated the whole spring and spacer so the crushed over section was facing the opposite direction. The other side seems to be holding but I'll checking every few days.

Still no word on when the "new" FT spacers are coming out. Dave said he was told 2 weeks and its been longer. I am getting nervous about my camping trip up to the dunes in a couple weeks...its the whole reason we are going!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dave has been great, I am trying really hard to keep my "is it done yet??" emails to a minimum. He did tell me even though FT said 2 weeks we can pretty much bet on closer to 4. While it is frustrating rushing a product will only lead other/more issues so I'll deal with it. If nothing else I'll have the tools handy for my camping trip. I'm getting pretty good at disconnecting the axle on either end and have all the torque specs memorized
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well after a awesome trail ride this last Sunday with some fellow MI JK owners I am happy to report that I had no issues with my rear springs slipping out/over the lip of the spacers. That isn't to say that I trust them now...still waiting on the replacements.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't been on the site here in a while but thought I would update that after MONTHS I am STILL waiting on Full Traction's new econo lift replacements. I've been bugging dave about it...well haven't recently so I guess this helps me put it off a little longer since I know its not his fault. The spacers seem to be holding as long as I keep rotating them once the springs push out to much against the flimsy sidewall/lip.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 2" econo lift installed