Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction 2" econo lift installed

Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with awesome Dave from Northridge! He had some good info that should be helpful to others:

1. The bulging issue only seems to happen when using stock shocks which I am doing currently.

2. Full Traction has changed to a different harder material for the spacers which will prevent the bulge from happening with stock or any shocks used.

I am happy to report that I will have my replacement kit in a couple weeks. I have to admit that before the link to Northridge in my sig below was just for the contest but after working with Dave on this issue I really stand behind these guys.

Thanks so much Dave, the emails will stop soon I promise
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

David takes care of yet another customer, I think he should handle all jeep parts available, worldwide distributor. David the Jeep Czar! lol
Old 06-20-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not sure if it affected mileage much, I am still watching it. In my case the affect would be from leveling the Jeep since I did not change wheels or tires.I haven't hand calculated in a while but the mile per tank hasn't seemed much different.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Well tonight I finally had a chance to install the spidertrax spacers I bought from another forum member. Not a big deal and did a tire rotation while I was at it.

I have not looked at the rear lift spacers in a while as they seemed like there where going to hold up until the new replacements came. Yes I did say I was going to remove them, but I have not. Anyway I took notice of what is below in the pics while doing the rear driver side wheel change.

Same spacer, just two different shots...with my blackberry so not the best. This is the spacer I actually thought would hold up longer as it was the rear passenger side that was bulging right from installation. That spacer looked ok, but as you can see the spring was well on its way out if place.

I disconnected the rear sway and shock on this side and was able to use push/kick the spring back to center. After that I rotated the whole spring so the area that was pushed out is now facing the opposite direction. I will be back to checking it daily when I drive it.

I emailed Dave and Northridge and he said that Full Traction is in the process of making the new spacers with the firmer material...They can't be finished soon enough but I am in no place to try and get them to hurry development. I just hope the spacers I have hold up normal driving and possibly the camping trip I have in a few weeks that will be at the dunes...
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it were me, I'd drop the rear axle and take them out. Ride nose high until you get your other ones in.At least you won't be frettin over them.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya if the adjustment I made doesn't help or it crushes over another area of the lip they will definitely come off.

OH! I forgot to even mention in my update that I have not been off road once since the install. ALL highway and 55mph roads!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I've had the FT 2" Econo Lift with Rubicon shocks ( plus Teraflex shock extensions)and Teraflex extended sway bar disconnects. Been over 50,000 miles on it. Works great.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 AM
JK Jedi

COngrats on the lift and doing it yourself, glad you got a resloution to the problem.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britjk
I've had the FT 2" Econo Lift with Rubicon shocks ( plus Teraflex shock extensions)and Teraflex extended sway bar disconnects. Been over 50,000 miles on it. Works great.
I may look into the shock extensions. Dave said this issue seems to happen with stock shocks only. The kit says it is complete with the option of new shocks...probably should be a requirement! I will also be getting discos when the new kit is available.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TekWarren
Well tonight I finally had a chance to install the spidertrax spacers I bought from another forum member. Not a big deal and did a tire rotation while I was at it.

I have not looked at the rear lift spacers in a while as they seemed like there where going to hold up until the new replacements came. Yes I did say I was going to remove them, but I have not. Anyway I took notice of what is below in the pics while doing the rear driver side wheel change.

Same spacer, just two different shots...with my blackberry so not the best. This is the spacer I actually thought would hold up longer as it was the rear passenger side that was bulging right from installation. That spacer looked ok, but as you can see the spring was well on its way out if place.

I disconnected the rear sway and shock on this side and was able to use push/kick the spring back to center. After that I rotated the whole spring so the area that was pushed out is now facing the opposite direction. I will be back to checking it daily when I drive it.

I emailed Dave and Northridge and he said that Full Traction is in the process of making the new spacers with the firmer material...They can't be finished soon enough but I am in no place to try and get them to hurry development. I just hope the spacers I have hold up normal driving and possibly the camping trip I have in a few weeks that will be at the dunes...
That's the same thing that happened to mine. Almost indentical. I'm glad I changed to the Teraflex coil lift now.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 2" econo lift installed