Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Soft Top with window storage pocket in Safari top

Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Soft Top with window storage pocket in Safari top

OK help me out here. There was a company that made a soft top with a storage pocket in the top section or safari style section of the soft top. I am looking at getting a Bestop Trektop NX and want to modify it so that I can store the windows similar to this on my jeep.

Who made the soft top with the storage pocket?!? Links? I can not find or remember who it was.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea though!! I'll be watching this thread!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
jdk
JK Freak

I don't recall seeing any with window storage, all I remember seeing is R.R. had some pockets for small stuff.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now that is a great idea!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
JK Newbie

Well I looked at a trecktop nx tonight at our monthly jeep meet and great. It's not going to work. The side windows have a plastic piece sewn into the corners where it meets the rear window. The piece has a curve to it that gives the corner shape. It will not lie flat.
After seeing how it all fits together I think maybe the capped PVC tube people have mentioned may be the way to go with this nx top.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I think you're talking about the Rampage top with the pockets.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DougM
I think you're talking about the Rampage top with the pockets.
YES This is the one. hxxp://www.rampageproducts.com/Catalog/Page4.html

It looks like they dont make a JK version. But yeah the pockets seems like a very good solution for side/rear window storage!

Last edited by drunkenmugsy; 02-02-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

I was just about to chime in about the Rampage top being awesome, but not for us.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Yeah, after telling you that yesterday on TXJK, I wondered if it was a little different for the 2DR version. But it sounds like the capped PVC tube would be a good solution for what you're looking for. You could even add a latch/lock mechanism to keep it secure. I'd still run a duster cover over the cargo area, too, though.
Once I get it I will have to see what I can come up with. Even the way the plastic piece is sewn in may keep the PVC tube idea from working. The angle it is at makes it longer as you roll it up. In fact I am giving this NX top second thoughts as I REALLY want a top I can do this type of mod too. But also one without the bows like the OE softtop I have now.

Maybe I just need metal skinned top and sides and make it so that I can bolt the sides onto a safari style metal top. Hmmm. Thats actually not a bad idea...
I just need to get some sheet metal fab tools and about 2 years experience. No problem!

Last edited by drunkenmugsy; 02-05-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Full Soft Top with window storage pocket in Safari top