Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A Full Coverage Skid Plate?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More

I am using the MORE oil pan and transmission skid. Didn't cost too much and has provided good protection in addition with the stock skids.

Jeep JK Oil Pan and Transmission Case Skid Plate from Mountain Off-Road (M.O.R.E.)

Using benchmark designs evap skip.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default skids

I installed a Rock hard gas tank sid because I like rocks and have bashed in the factory gas tank skid so bad , I think I have lost a couple of gallons of gas being that the plastic tank is being pushed in . I also have a Skid row oil pan skid that works really well , and it has a hole in it to change the oil so you don't have to remove it , or make a mess . Also have the Rancho front lower control arm skids that bolt on , and Rancho diff. covers . The Pro Comp 6" long arms cross member also has skid plating on it.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EVO skids

Originally Posted by EVO MFG
Let me know if you have any questions,

we go by the less is more approach. The factory skids will take a damn good beating, EVO1 and Moby still run factory skids. We cover the areas where the factory did not cover. The most important parts of the drivetrain. Engine oil pan and transmission.
I have the EVO protection on my 09 and don't give a second thought to damage. It's taken hits quite often and I'm grateful every time I see the skid damaged cause I know that it could have been a lot worse. I have friends with other systems but I'm totally sold and happy with the EVO setup.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have Rock Hard oil and trans and am very happy with it. Good coverage and protection. I'll get the rest when funds allow.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Clayton Offroad makes a nice set of skids, but they don't bolt up to the factory transmission crossmember. The factory crossmember is the weak link under there anyway though. My factory transfer case and tranny skids held up fairly well, but the crossmember which they bolt to looked like hell, almost as bad as the thin gas tank skid.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the evolution skids recently installed and really like the fit. Going to Moab end of Sept & again in October so they will get a full test.

Got them thru Northridge 4x4.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1131985225.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	365494   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3677140314.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	365495   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1659280138.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	365496  

Quick Reply: A Full Coverage Skid Plate?