Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fuel cutoff??

Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel cutoff??

Ok so a few weeks ago I dropped off a steep muddy washout. Not enough minivan power to get me out and still had my AT's on. Had to be pulled out (those stock tow hooks on front bump are waaay stronger than I thought!!) Anyways, is there some safety fuel cutoff that kicks in when u reach a certain angle?? Jeep would not start, but soon as I got leveled out, fired right up.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its an 07 with 3.8
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know about a fuel cutoff but with all the nannies in modern vehicles I would not doubt it.. Maybe, depending on how much gas you had in the tank and the angle, it just uncovered the pickup tube in the tank and it could not suck up any fuel?

I have wondered before about the same thing happening in the engine oil sump when at a very steep angle. Have not read any horror stories so probably no worries.

Quick Reply: fuel cutoff??