Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT users with the HD springs

Old 10-13-2007, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed the more I drive it the better it seems to feel. I only got maybe 50 miles on the kit so far.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

i never heard of HD springs when I purchased mine!!!...I always thought my lift sucked- not like stock at all- darty from side to side - i dont like it- i have a power plant and a shrockworks bumper "in the mail' . maybe that will help - someone told me that I would not like hd springs because i would lose articulation when wheeling...maybe- I dont know...I do know, I will have so much weight on it between shrockworks and FT/PJ accessories that I will need that FT 6" long arm - which will result in a low cog of 3.5" with all my goodies.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

its not gonna ride like stock with stiffer springs and shocks. Those alone will change the ride. Plus when you stiffen up a suspension that causes it to be alot more responsive which is why it feels more darty. If you got the premium lift, you can adjust some of the dartiness out, buy adjusting your arm lengths and castor.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

I know this might be a dumb question but what are you talking about when you saw hd springs
Old 10-14-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

HD = Heavy Duty. Stiffer so they dont sag when you add aftermarket bumper and winch. Which most people add spacers to get there height back. With the HD Springs you dont need the spacers.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
JK Newbie

I have a four dour with the HD Front springs and it rides pretty stiff. My wife doesn't complain to much but she gave up trying to drink coffee in my car. I still have the stock bumper and it is going to stay that way for a while.

I originally put the lift on with the front springs that came with the lift but the rear ended up 1" higher than the front. I called FT and they sent out the HD springs and this fixed the problem. I have about 5k miles on it now and I don't think it has changed that much. I have just gotten used to it.

With all that said, I still love it. Now it rides like a Jeep instead of a Grand Cherokee and I get comments and compliments on it almost every day.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

I love mine 2! I hope the bumper doesn't make it sag cause I love the height its perfect.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Well that just give me even more reason to get my bumper first
But with such a deal at northridge for the lift it is hard to wait any longer.
Might be time for a new credit card
Old 11-05-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

just to update I went wheeling saturday for the first time!!! HAD A BLAST!!! Also found out my tires were SUPER inflated it was like driving with rocks for wheels. Let some air out and man the ride is MUCH better!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Where Can I buy these HD springs because I have the regular one and my front sags because of the winch and bumper. I did put the spacers but it is not enough now that my winch is on

Quick Reply: FT users with the HD springs