Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT Ultimate Arrived Today

Old 05-16-2008, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"lack of Maintenance"........

I've run many lifts, and had never needed to climb under my jeep every month and regrease the fittings!
I've never considered having to ADD a zerk fitting to the front upper control arms!
I'd never had to rebuild the front bushings after only 6k miles!
But yeah, it's a maintenance issue!

Not sure what lift you should get, but if you like to get intimate with your jeep on a monthly basis, go ahead and get the FT!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Waited a month? I have been waiting 6.5 weeks
Old 05-16-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still waiting after 9 weeks.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone

I've run many lifts, and had never needed to climb under my jeep every month and regrease the fittings!
I've never considered having to ADD a zerk fitting to the front upper control arms!

Not sure what lift you should get, but if you like to get intimate with your jeep on a monthly basis, go ahead and get the FT!
lol, I forgot about your arms and your other FT issues! I guess they're not all from lack of maintenance .... and you didnt have zerks? my FT uppers do, I guess they added them later.

Last edited by bly109; 05-16-2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my FT Ultimate install last weekend by myself, it went great. Double check your parts list with the parts very carefully, especially the hardware. (mine was missing 4 12mm locknuts, which I got at ACE for cheap and it didn't bother me). Take your time, use your good grease plentifully, and follow WOL's writeup and don't forget his pictures are a great resource.

On the install, one difference for me: I tried a sawzall to remove the front passenger upper control arm frame mount bolt per the writeup but that was just crazy ineffective. Bolt bouncing all over the place, teeth on the metal cutting blade dancing all over, noise enough to make the neighbor's cat stick to the ceiling. So I got out the 4.5" grinder with a diamond cutoff blade and made quick, clean work of that SOB and the rest was easy peazy lemon squeezy...

Springs are straight, bushings are quiet, flex is awesome, all I need now is a rope ladder to climb into this freakin monster. (I'm 5'-7" with good shoes).
Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

my ft track bars make noise, im adding a zerk, it wont bother me to grease them every month but If/when I decide to go adj controls arms.......ill prob go with a different brand
Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Just send it to me! I will take it off your hands
Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone

Comments like these truly do say so much, and I'm not being sarcastic. Exactly why I looked elsewhere.

ColinW

Quick Reply: FT Ultimate Arrived Today