Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT Ultimate Arrived Today

Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT Ultimate Arrived Today

I just received my FT Ultimate today after waiting a month. I was just going to cancel the order, and purchase a Clayton. There has been so much negative response to the FT lift that I was convinced that I didn't want one.

Would you send it back and pay the shipping or keep it? Is it just the squeak issues, because I bought some good grease? Interested in your response. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep it. no complaints what-so-ever with my FTU.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

My FT ultimate works awesomel . Alot of the negative responses are from incorrect install procedures in my opinion.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
I just received my FT Ultimate today after waiting a month. I was just going to cancel the order, and purchase a Clayton. There has been so much negative response to the FT lift that I was convinced that I didn't want one.

Would you send it back and pay the shipping or keep it? Is it just the squeak issues, because I bought some good grease? Interested in your response. Thanks.
IMO, the squeak issue is from lack of maintance, improper installation, not greesing the bushings prior to installation.

20,000 miles and no squeeks here. I love the kit

I'm buying the Long arm for the TJ, right after I upgrade to a long arm on the JK
Old 05-15-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Im a big fan of clayton, but Id keep it. I have some of their parts and dont have any problems. As others have said, I think its a lack of maintence that causes most of the problems. Plus there are so many of these FTU's out there, so you are gonna hear more complaints compared to kits that just came out and arent as widely used. You cant please everyone!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive got the econo with ultimate arm and f/r trackbars on order. Im going to grease the crap out of mine and roll with it!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

I install Full Traction's lifts all day long, and have very little issues with any of them. I've seen a rear trac bar squeak once, greased it, no more squeak! The only thing I recommend, is adjustable trac bars, instead of relocation brackets.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

I guess, I'll keep it and just grease the he** out of it. Thanks for the responses. Any input on the installation? I'm having a shop install, but I don't think they've installed a FT before.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the 4" Ultimate. Greased the hell out of the bushings on the f/r tb and no problems what so ever. The squeaking problems are from improper greasing of the bushings imo. Keep it
Old 05-15-2008, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you dont mind greasing after each and every trip go for it. The FT customer servcie is really bad. I have sent numerous emails but no response. lift is awesome but squeeks are really bad. And it not because of improper install or lack of greasing. good luck

Quick Reply: FT Ultimate Arrived Today