Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT Rear Trackbar Question

Old 04-15-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT Rear Trackbar Question

OK So I am about to install the front and rear track bars

Question is, in the write up on the front one it calls for white litium grease around the bushing

Well the rear one came with the bushings aready in and I contacted FT and it doesnt have the grease in there, so I am trying to figure out how to get the bushings and sleeve back out and it seems to be very hard.

Any suggestions, and how important is the grease to the rear tb?

Thanks
Derek
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes you need to grease it. And it is not that hard to take apart use some force.

David
Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

While you still have it out, Once you get it apart you'll see the bushings are short and there is a nice gap between the bushings when they are installed in the bar end. That gap can be filled with grease via a zerk fitting if you drill the bar end and install one like I did...you'll never need to remove the bar and re-grease the bushings again

The whole reason for needing a lot of grease is because the bar makes a loud "pop" sound when it needs greasing again.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

I got them installed, but not 100% if I did it right?

Would it be possible for someone to show me pics of there bar before or after they installed it, showing the difference in the axle shift, which the biggest thing I didnt understand good.

I mean showing the relation to how you measure before to how it should look after its installed correctly

It would be nice to have installed a zerk fitting into it, but im not great at this modding yet lol.... i did grease it up good though.

Quick Reply: FT Rear Trackbar Question