Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

? for FT Long arm owners

Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info eDiveBuddy... the info u have provided as well as the photos u have taken are quite the help! as far as cutting as close to the welds as possible, thats what i am doing. it just seems like it's taking forever!! just thought that i may have been going about it wrong and there was a better way... thanks again!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

I used a 3" cutting wheel on an air grinder, it takes some time! It's more for looks on the front uppers, so don't get to worried about it
Old 05-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Default Pics of my install

You have already got a lot of good advice. Here are pics of my install. I did it with cut of wheels and a couple good drill bits. Check out my install and feel free to hit me w/any questions.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/full-traction-long-arm-upgrade-previous-la-73819/
Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

well, i am done... and let me tell u... what an install!! overall it took me 4 days by myself with a jack and jack stands in my driveway. i did the front over 1 weekend. just from driving with the front only done was a huge improvement! i finished up today with the back... it rides like i'm driving on air!!! i cannot believe the overall improvement this long arm kit gave me! i ordered the 6" kit, but am using my 4" springs in order to save up for driveshafts. once i get those i will throw the 6" springs in and get some 38" tires. a few pointers for those that are thinking of doing this install... do not try to use a die grinder with your air compressor! if u don't already have an angle grinder go spend the $50 and get yourself a 4" grinder!!! this is key in getting things cut off. also a sawsall is great to have, as it helps! all in all as i said and told myself earlier, the end result would be worth the long install ... thanks to all of those that have given me help and advice. it is greatly appreciated! thanks again!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

So wheres the pics???
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bk030
well, i am done... and let me tell u... what an install!!
Congrats! Time to change your signature. Still waiting to see pics in the Show and Tell area or people with start posting a little of this.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

sorry guys... pics will be posted in a day or 2... been away since the install and haven't had much time. the jeep rides like a dream. i had to take care of an exhaust rattle on the crossmember. dropped the crossmember, got the torch out to heat the exhaust, then took a large socket and laid it against the pipe and beat it with a hammer. problem solved!! that has been the only issue. no squeeks, clunks or anything. this setup is highly recommended!

Quick Reply: ? for FT Long arm owners