Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT 3" Ultimate Rubbing

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT 3" Ultimate Rubbing

Just had my lift installed and noticed when I take the on ramp to the freeway, turning to the right, it sounds like rubbing and my traction light comes on. Any ideas? I did try a tight right and left turn in the parking lot and nothing happened.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

That is your ESP kicking in, not the tires rubbing. When I got my 4" FT lift installed it kicked in a lot. I figured out that lowering my tire pressure a little fixed it for the most part.

The place that installed everything on my Jeep at the PSI @ 50, but the tire really sat flat on the ground @ around 38. After dropping the pressure it is MUCH better. I can still get it to come on, but I almost have to try to do it.

Even if the PSI change doesn't help, at least you know what is going on with it now. Also, if you get it all the time you should check your steering wheel to make sure that it is centered.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is your steering wheel perfectly centered?

David
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

The steering wheel is perfectly centered. I checked that right away. I will check the tire pressure to see where it is at. I thought I would stay are around 35, but they may have set it higherl.

Quick Reply: FT 3" Ultimate Rubbing