Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT 3 inch Economy Lift

Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT 3 inch Economy Lift

Was wanting to know if anyone is running this lift or has run this lift before. How did you like it? Would you recommend it to someone else? Is going on a 2dr rubicon, probably w/ 35's. Pics with this set up would be awesome.

Also how much did you spend? Dont want to get robbed!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

anyone?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

With a 3" lift adjustable front upper and lower control arms is something that is advisable. With a two door so is adjustable rear upper control arms.

I think the FT 3" economy kit is going to leave you short of where you want to be and your ultimately going to end up where their ultimate kit would get you.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JPop
With a 3" lift adjustable front upper and lower control arms is something that is advisable. With a two door so is adjustable rear upper control arms.

I think the FT 3" economy kit is going to leave you short of where you want to be and your ultimately going to end up where their ultimate kit would get you.
I would have to agree, you really need adjustable arms on the rear axle atleast. If you cant afford the ultimate atleast buy rear upper adjustable arms. Your driveshaft will thank you
Old 08-19-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats my exact set up for now. Mine is just an X, but I've had zero problems with the driveline, and since I live in Florida, see no reason for the adjustable control arms... I love the set up and got it from 4wd.com when they had a 15% off sale for somewhere around 580 i think. Hope this helps and ask away if you want more specific answers!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

whats florida have to do with pinion angle?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me, you'll want to upgrade some of the components. At least add the upper control arms, and a front adjustable track bar.

Here is a write up for the 3" Economy lift. It is just as good as any other economy lift. I built mine up as the other components became available. It is now the 3" Ultimate.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...3-economy-lift
Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am basically running a 3" economy. At that height, things get a little squirrely without at least a couple of additional components. For control arms, I am only running front lowers, which I bought separately from Teraflex. I've found they helped a lot in terms of steering and tracking. I also added front and rear adjustable trackbars to keep my axle centered.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

"whats florida have to do with pinion angle?"

I know the control arms are used to adjust the caster of the axles, but I thought this was more of an issue when doing more extreme offroading? I know a bad pinion angle can bind and cause problems, but if there are no issues, is there a need to fix it??

Sorry to hijack, but this will hopefully help out TXMarine too

Quick Reply: FT 3 inch Economy Lift