Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frozen/dirty door handles....ugh!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frozen/dirty door handles....ugh!

Hi guys...2011 JK Unlimited. 3" Teraflex lift with 35" Nitto Trail grapplers. I've found in bad weather, or when wheeling that my tires throw up enough gunk to totally cake my door handles with ice, snow, mud, etc....I've got the stock fender flares....want PSC Aluminum flat fenders but concerned that it will just make this issue worse. Anyone have any simple solutions for this other than not getting dirty?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Hi guys...2011 JK Unlimited. 3" Teraflex lift with 35" Nitto Trail grapplers. I've found in bad weather, or when wheeling that my tires throw up enough gunk to totally cake my door handles with ice, snow, mud, etc....I've got the stock fender flares....want PSC Aluminum flat fenders but concerned that it will just make this issue worse. Anyone have any simple solutions for this other than not getting dirty?
Your rig sounds nice. Got any pics?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Im not mistaken the PSC flares are about an inch wider even though they are flat , so in that situation it might help with the gunk build up on the handles
Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
it happens on my jeep as well, everytime i go 4xing or cruise on dirty hiways. when it's time to wash my jeep i pressure wash it afterwards i use moovit and spray that lubricant into the handles but i do this regularly to prevent this from happening. also the door jamb latches get a good spray of moovit and for the hinges i use some antiseize on the bolts you won't get any annoying squeaking when opening and closing your door in the winter months...
Old 12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only advice is buy a decent pressure washer with a heater. I bought a hot water pressure washer from sears about 4 years ago for 1200 dollars and it has been amazing. I use it constantly during the winter to remove any salt/snow/ice ect. Also every spring to remove all the moss/alge/ect crap from the siding on my house. It did amazing work when I refinished my deck too.

A semi decent investment but definatly worth it in the long run. They have tons of uses.

Here is the one I got (but older model)
h ttp://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5749801203P?prdNo=14

Quick Reply: Frozen/dirty door handles....ugh!