Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Wheel Well Liners

Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Do they use salt and/or magnesium chloride on the roads in MA in the winter? "

Yes, and it sucks. The magnesium chloride will prematurely destroy everything unless your super anal about cleaning.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree. The frame on my 89 GMC became so corroded around the A arms that it became unsafe to drive.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for more opinions on removing inner fender liners. I am considering doing this and would like to hear some more opinions and personal experiences. I notice that alot of after market fenders and tube fenders have you removing the inner liners and not replacing them.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

i wouldnt. i live in texas and basically just have alot of mud down here. i just dont see the point to remove them. they keep alot of shit from getting in places hard to get water to clean it. but thats down here and my opinion.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
Bump for more opinions on removing inner fender liners. I am considering doing this and would like to hear some more opinions and personal experiences. I notice that alot of after market fenders and tube fenders have you removing the inner liners and not replacing them.
I am considering the same thing. I have chopped my fenders and trimmed my liners but it still looks like a rough trim job on the liners. After reading this thread I am wondering really how much do the liners really stop mud and shit from getting in the engine bay in the first place. Every time I wheel I need to clean lots of mud out of the engine bay. Maybe looking at it from a different perspective it would be easier to clean things and get to places you cant clean with the liners off. Don't know, just thinking out loud
Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine are out due to my second set of aftermarket fenders. After cutting them for the Xenons, I am not happy with the cuts I made on them. Since then i have gotten a lot of mud and crap into the engine compartment. Have been considering buying new ones and installing them.
So, my opinion, leave them in.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I running without mine and no issues yet . I like the looks of it plus my engine runs slightly cooler sense the engine is exposed.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

I trimmed my fenders, but then used conveyer belt type material and pop riveted it to the inner liners and then bolted the conveyer belt material onto the body with the outside fenders. You don't see the white of the body sticking out and it keep the mud from entering those hard to reach places.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Thats the ticket!

Originally Posted by Robo17
I trimmed my fenders, but then used conveyer belt type material and pop riveted it to the inner liners and then bolted the conveyer belt material onto the body with the outside fenders. You don't see the white of the body sticking out and it keep the mud from entering those hard to reach places.
Conveyor belt material, or that transparent film they use on walk in freezers so you can see past it- mabye a little softer but again, transparent!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i should add i also have coilovers... thats the main reason i dont run them... yeah sometimes it would be nice to have them... in winter time.. i probably could make something that would work with the coilovers... but so far so good
You can just trim them to fit around the coilovers. I did this on my TJ which runs coil overs and I did the same thing on my JKU when I installed my steel tube fenders (no coil overs yet).

I have some small gaps to clean up on the JK's trimming, but it does keep the engine compartment cleaner.

Quick Reply: Front Wheel Well Liners