Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front trackbar needed?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front trackbar needed?

Newbie here, and i did a search but couldn't get a conclusive answer. I'm getting ready to put my teraflex 2.5" coil lift with teraflex shocks and exhaust spacers on my 2012 rubicon unlimited, i 'll be running 295 70 17 tires, do i need a front adjustable trackbar i know the teraflex kit has a rear bracket but do i need one for the front? also should i just get the AFE y pipe and catback instead of using the exhaust spacers? i've read the stock and afe kits are 2.5 diameter and won't see any performance increase just better sound.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say that if you've already got it in the air and have the means to do the catback exhaust, then go for it. Might as well do two things at once!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

no, an adjustable front track bar isn't "needed" but, i typically recommend one as it will allow you to recenter your front axle after lifting it.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

You really wouldn't hear or feel a difference with the Y pipe. Spacers will be just fine. If you go Y pipe, might as well buy a nice exhaust to go with it for time and effort. You know what I'm saying?

Also, wayoflife is pretty much a jeep genius, so, I'd listen about the front track bar. For serious. It's not necessary, but the ability to adjust when the time comes is very important. Just makes it better, easier, etc.

Quick Reply: Front trackbar needed?