Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front trackbar hits riddler diff cover

Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my real question is...if I weld on the ARTEC HD trackbar mount and raise the trackbar 11/2 inches will that fix this problem? Can I even do that with having a drop pitman arm? Or will I need a drag link flip kit? If I do weld that new mount will I need a shorter trackbar? My adjustable trackbar is in pretty far as it is.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your TB have a bend in it that can be rotated forward so it clears the diff cover? I had to do that with my RK bar. I have Poison Spyder covers, which are the same as your Riddlers.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

No. It is straight until the l bend at the axle. I just ordered a artec hd trackbar mount to weld to the axle. It will raise the axle mount 1 1/2 inches. If that doesnt work ill order a rubicon expresd trackbar.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

youre going to need to do a drag link flip or else your jeeps is going to act goofy going over bumps at speed.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from my offroad shop and they recommended just clearancing the diff cover so the trackbar doesn't hit it. I have a spare riddler diff cover so I am not worried about it. Going to install the artec hd track bar mount first and see if it still hits. Artec emailed me back and said I won't have to do the drag link flip with this mount. It is preferred, but not required. I also have a drop pitman, so that would mean I would need to get a stock pitman arm since mine is in a scrap yard somewhere.

Quick Reply: Front trackbar hits riddler diff cover