Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Track Bar Replacement on AEV 2.5 Lift

Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 Rubicon 2-door with a 2.5" AEV lift and I'm wanting to replace the front factory track bar. Can I pick from any track bar that made for small lifts or should I be concerned about how the track bar is bolted up to the AEV brackets?

From the JKS website, their front track bar states that they're not compatible with frame-mounted track bar drop brackets, which is I believe what AEV uses in order to keep the factory bar.

If an aftermarket track bar is designed like the factory except that it can be adjusted to make longer, why wouldn't one work with drop brackets?? The factory one works.

The front track bars I'm considering are JKS, Metalcloak, RockKrawler, and maybe TeraFlex. Any pointers is greatly appreciated!!!!.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can use a TeraFlex trackbar with that kit.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Yes you can use a TeraFlex trackbar with that kit.
Thanks for the quick response! I just watched your track bar video......nicely done and it's a good looking bar!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the JKS with my AEV 2.5. The only bracket I have on my Jeep is the rear JKS trackbar bracket. I'm not using any AEV brackets at all.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

From what I can tell, the AEV 2.5" kit does not come with any front track correction. I would look into the strongest trackbar possible, as it is such an important piece. My three suggestions are Synergy, RK, or Teraflex, Synergy being my #1 pick.

The teraflex his huge, adjustable on rig, and uses factory clevite joints at each end, but from my experiance will not work with a high steer setup (raised axle trackbar bracket and flipped drag link) as the bend in the link hits the sector shaft of the steering box at full passenger side compression without rediculous bumpstop.

The RK is the cheapest of the three, solid steel, and only has a light bend. Not adjustable on rig, and uses a non greasable poly joint at the frame. Works with standard bracket configuration and high steer.

Synergy is solid steel, adjustable on rig, uses a greasable poly bushing at the frame, is compatable with their sector shaft brace (brilliant piece), and works in factory orientation and high steer.

I would not recommend any other, especially JKS or FT as I have either seen them bend, or bent them myself on the trail.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks JKred!!! Good points I'll consider........

Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bfschor
I have a 2013 Rubicon 2-door with a 2.5" AEV lift and I'm wanting to replace the front factory track bar. Can I pick from any track bar that made for small lifts or should I be concerned about how the track bar is bolted up to the AEV brackets?

From the JKS website, their front track bar states that they're not compatible with frame-mounted track bar drop brackets, which is I believe what AEV uses in order to keep the factory bar.

If an aftermarket track bar is designed like the factory except that it can be adjusted to make longer, why wouldn't one work with drop brackets?? The factory one works.

The front track bars I'm considering are JKS, Metalcloak, RockKrawler, and maybe TeraFlex. Any pointers is greatly appreciated!!!!.

We just installed a Teraflex trackbar with this lift on my buddies 4 door and it is very impressive, easy install.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

I have the teraflex adjustable on mine I got It bwfofe I got the lift because my factory trackbar was pretty messed up lol . No problems with it

I kno aome people have complained about t in the past but I have had it now for 3 years with zero problems
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepwave
I have the teraflex adjustable on mine I got It bwfofe I got the lift because my factory trackbar was pretty messed up lol . No problems with it

I kno aome people have complained about t in the past but I have had it now for 3 years with zero problems
What kind of problems??? The thing looks meaty!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bfschor
What kind of problems??? The thing looks meaty!!!

Older design had some "flexing issues" and people were bending them at the adjuster. They've since resolved it with the new rev.

Quick Reply: Front Track Bar Replacement on AEV 2.5 Lift