Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Sway Bar Links Question

Old 01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Sway Bar Links Question

I originally put on a 1-3/4" Daystar coil spacer lift but wanted to level it out more so I replaced the front spacers with the Teraflex 2.5" coil spring spacers with the shock extensions. I still have the front and rear OEM swaybar links installed. I also have another pair of stock rear swaybar links. Should I install those in place of the shorter front swaybar links?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jccforeman
I originally put on a 1-3/4" Daystar coil spacer lift but wanted to level it out more so I replaced the front spacers with the Teraflex 2.5" coil spring spacers with the shock extensions. I still have the front and rear OEM swaybar links installed. I also have another pair of stock rear swaybar links. Should I install those in place of the shorter front swaybar links?
if your sway bar is 5 degrees i wouldn't bother.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

I put a RC 3.5 lift on and thats what the kit called for longer rear ones go on the front. With that said, it may work for you also just put them on and see that they don't hit anything. Just my 2 cent's
Old 01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a nice set of adjustables, and keep those rear links just in case. On a hard core trail you never know if those rears might end up bending a little. In most cases a hammer can fix it, but in the event of something more, it would be nice to have them. I keep my old fronts around for that exact reason, maybe I am just paranoid
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yes, put the extra set of stock rears up front. You want the swaybars somewhere between 0 and 5deg positive.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

How can I tell if it is b/w 0 and 5 deg.?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a science. You just want the sway bar pointed up a little bit so that the sway bar doesn't wrap around to the opposite side during articulation. From the horizontal position the bar ends should be slightly above the bend of the bar. About an inch or so. The issue really isn't about the sway bar ends bending. It's about the sway bar reversing position causing the bent bar link to puncture your expensive tire.

Do a search for bent sway bar end link and you will find pictures of what it should look like and carnage pictures of what happens when the sway bar swaps ends.

Quick Reply: Front Sway Bar Links Question