Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front sway bar link length question

Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front sway bar link length question

I just finished putting an OME 2" coil lift on my JKU Rubicon. I gained 2.5" lift in the front and 2.75 in the rear. I installed new JKS adjustable length sway bar links in the rear, and they measured out to
12" to get the rear sway bar back to a slight downward angle.

I moved the old rear links to the front. The old front ones were 5" the ones I moved up to the front are 9". My front sway bar doesn't sit level anymore. It tilts upward a few degrees. Is the 9" length too much for the front ? The instructions with the JKS adjustable sway bar links show a range of 5 degrees above or below horizontal as acceptable.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Angled up seems to be much better than a negative number.

When you flex with short links (swaybars angled down) you run a greater risk of having the swaybar flip around backward. Pics of the damage are great for us to look at on here, but the people it has happened to haven't been all that happy with the results. This has been known to happen while on a lift at the shop, so not necessarily an off-road only thing.

Quick Reply: Front sway bar link length question