Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Springs Bending Outward

Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Springs Bending Outward

After the last time I went wheeling I noticed that the front springs are bending outward. At first they were skewed to one side (driver side) because the axle was off center. I bought a new adjustable track bar to fix that, which i'm installing tomorrow, but I have noticed that in the last couple days both springs have started to bend outward toward the wheels.

Is this as issue with the control arms?? Is there a way to fix this without spending a lot of $$? Will driving on them be dangerous or start to create problems with other parts? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My old man emu hd could do this in the front as well. No idea why. I've checked everything and cant figure it out.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harbourone
My old man emu hd could do this in the front as well. No idea why. I've checked everything and cant figure it out.
My OME HD springs did this too. Happened after the springs settled a bit. Readjusted the trackbar (running JKS adjustable) and it corrected the problem.

My driver side spring was rubbing the swaybar link. Probably not a big deal but you'll want to check the clearance and alignment of all suspension components.

Quick Reply: Front Springs Bending Outward