Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Spool With Hubs

Old 03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz

negative. its either a yukon spool or yukon zip locker. will most likely be a yukon zip locker
Thats a good choice too
Old 03-04-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

I ran full spools front and rear in my last YJ and I wouldnt have had it any other way. No delay in locker engagement, no air lines to break or leak, just no worries. There was some scrubbing on the rocks in Moab but the PSC hydro assist steered the rig easily. Yes, there was some backing in tight corners but nothing unbearable. If you have the need for one tons, spools are a perfect choice.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clemsonkrawler
I ran full spools front and rear in my last YJ and I wouldnt have had it any other way. No delay in locker engagement, no air lines to break or leak, just no worries. There was some scrubbing on the rocks in Moab but the PSC hydro assist steered the rig easily. Yes, there was some backing in tight corners but nothing unbearable. If you have the need for one tons, spools are a perfect choice.

thanks, finally someone with actual experience. I asked a few guys out here that run them, and just like pirate half hate them, half dont. Did you run slugs or hubs? Id have to run hubs with a spool and fear i will blow them often. Honestly in my scenario i think slugs and a select able is best, but im still somewhat on the fence..I will probably drive one of the guys out here that are fully lock f/r and see if i like it or not.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

My experiences come from having selectables. When trying to turn when locked it was absolutely horrible and I would have to disengage the front. Then its amazing.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
My experiences come from having selectables. When trying to turn when locked it was absolutely horrible and I would have to disengage the front. Then its amazing.
i know but i have selectables and know what thats like. i wanted actual spool/hub input. i figured i shouldnt have posted it here. as i said though i will just spend a day with a hub spool set up and truly see how much it bugs me. if it even slightly bugs me wich it probably will im going slugs and a zip.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Don't think you'd care for a spool up front, but maybe?

Only way to find out is to drive one.... you could take that 60 you're getting and weld up the spiders... like it or not, easy to change.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Don't think you'd care for a spool up front, but maybe?

Only way to find out is to drive one.... you could take that 60 you're getting and weld up the spiders... like it or not, easy to change.
agreed. is yours spooled/lincoln locked up front? i will hopefully try it out this weekend to know for sure. most the spools ive seen can be a pain to lock unlock also. thats half the reason i want it, its cheap and i can say i tried it from experience. i like to live and learn, but if its something id regret i dont wanna waste the money.everything else is telling me go zip.

Last edited by Maertz; 03-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Front Spool With Hubs