Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Spacer Question

Old 08-20-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Spacer Question

OK, so I just got the JK about a month ago, and a lift is going to be a ways off. I have a RR bumper with full ends coming (thanks to some TJ parts sell offs) and I'm putting my Warn HSi9500 from the TJ on this bumper when it gets here. The question is what spacer should I use with this combo. I'm afraid with the bumper winch, I'm going to be dragging the bumper on every speed bump, plus I'd like to get some of the rake out of it. I'm worried that 3/4" isn't enough, but is 1 3/4 too much? Also, with a 1 3/4, would I need a track bar for the front? Thanks for your help, after 10 years and 3 TJs, this JK stuff is all new to me

It's a 4 door Rubi, Rock Hard ENgine Skid, but otherwise stock till the bumper arrives.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should measure before and after you put the bumper, that would give you a very accurate measurement of what spacer to use. I didn't do that, and I had to guess. mine was 1-1/4, also you don't need a track bar for the front, as you are not really lifting your jeep, your only bringing it back to regular height. jks have exactly the same type of suspension as tjs. so use your experience.( and trust the force)
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Maybe I'll try doing that then...hoping that I can get away with only the 3/4, but we'll see.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't forsee yo usagging any more than 3/4" with your setup, but I would measure before adn after, hen make the call. Go ahead and get the spacer though so you don't have to wait.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

If I'm getting about 3/4 sag, should I go ahead and go for a 1 3/4 to level it out?

Quick Reply: Front Spacer Question