Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front or Rear Locker First

Old 03-17-2016, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I say rear first. I use the rear more than the front. Using the front makes it a pain to make the jeep go where you want it to as far as steering. Maybe it's the Jeep Gods telling me I need hydro assist steering... Or would that not really help steering with the front locked?

Hydro assist will help tremendously when locked up front. Anybody saying theirs no difference is lacking info and obviously doesn't have hydro assist. I noticed on 35's a difference and now on 37's I couldn't imagine not having it. The steering box on the JK is lacking when pushed past stock.

I ran 4:88 on a dana 30 with an elocker. No problems with the gears. Broke axle shaft and bent the flange. Would have done the same thing on a 44. Same weak outer and shafts. I now run a prorock 44 with Reid knuckles and rcv shafts. Guess what I should have gone 60. Not to say the prorock makes the rubi axle look like a toothpick but I still worry about ring and pinion. If fusion was around when I upgraded that's who I would had gone to.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trade the sport in and get a Rubicon or go with the rear first. JMO

Quick Reply: Front or Rear Locker First