Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front & Rear Fender Flare Removal -- Parts Help.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front & Rear Fender Flare Removal -- Parts Help.

Made an inadvertent run ran down a freshly oiled, sticky heavy oil applied prior to laying asphalt, road base before dawn yesterday on the way to work. No it wasn't marked. A garden sprayer filled with 1-1/2 gallons of WD-40 and a bunch of rags later and the exterior is clean.

I need to pull the front and rear fender flares so I can detail the wheel well, underside of the flare liners and suspension components. I know about the four bolts used on the front flares but have a few questions.

1. If I don't separate the liners from the flares I don't need new plastic rivets, right? If I need the rivets anyway what is their part numbers?

2. Any one have the part number and a photo of the large headed clips that are used to hold the flare against the body? How many will I need?

Feel kinda stupid detailing the underside of a fender flare and the suspension but it's the only way I can think of to keep this crap from continually oozing drips down on the tires and rims or work under the jeep without getting covered in oil before even turning a wrench.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck with the detailing. You can get the replacement plastic rivets from quadrattec for 1.50 they are like 4 something from the stealership. As far as the plastic clips good luck. Last time I went to the dealer they didn't even have the part in the computer to order. I'd suggest going to your local auto parts store and getting a Xmas tree style plastic body retainer instead. I found a 5/16 style one that worked for me and cost like 20 bucks for all 4 fenders.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here you go

I got all the parts for four fenders for about 40 from clipsandfasteners.com.

Items Ordered: Price: Status:
1 of : 1/4" Nylon Blind Rivets 5/32"-13/32" Grip PRODUCT CODE: A13751
$6.05 Shipped
3 of : Chrysler Moulding Clip - Gray Nylon PRODUCT CODE: A20887
$26.76 Shipped
1 of : Fender & Bumper Shield Retainer - GM Ford Chrysler PRODUCT CODE: A11146
$2.97 Shipped

Although i wouldn't use the plastic rivets, i would get some from an autoparts store that kinda snap in as opposed to having to rivet them with a rivet gun.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiKing
I got all the parts for four fenders for about 40 from clipsandfasteners.com.

Items Ordered: Price: Status:
1 of : 1/4" Nylon Blind Rivets 5/32"-13/32" Grip PRODUCT CODE: A13751
$6.05 Shipped
3 of : Chrysler Moulding Clip - Gray Nylon PRODUCT CODE: A20887
$26.76 Shipped
1 of : Fender & Bumper Shield Retainer - GM Ford Chrysler PRODUCT CODE: A11146
$2.97 Shipped

Although i wouldn't use the plastic rivets, i would get some from an autoparts store that kinda snap in as opposed to having to rivet them with a rivet gun.
Thanks for the part numbers!

Aren't the rivets just used to attach the flare to the liner?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the plastic rivers at my dealer for just about a 1.00 each. Just got the 2 days ago

Quick Reply: Front & Rear Fender Flare Removal -- Parts Help.