Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front and Rear Bumpers: Poison Spyder or LOD

Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers

I also went with LOD. I have had the full width w/rack and jeep can holders in the rear on for 4 years now and no issues. Still as tight as the day I put it on. There was a long lead time but well worth the wait. I have experienced no problems with the finish. I put a relay for the rear lights so I can turn them on when ever I need additional light to the rear without being in reverse. The only reason I didn't go with LOD in the front is because I got a Fab 4 at a silent auction for like 25% of list. It has held up well also. As far a install, I did mine with help from my daughter and it fit with no problem. Good Luck
Old 05-05-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Im running the LOD Linked Carrier System with rotopax mount and I couldn't be happier. Only took them 4 weeks to get mine to my door and Chris at LOD is always a pleasure to talk with. Everytime I had a question instead of just telling me "The How To is on our website!" and then hanging up he made sure that we were on the same page and takes alot of pride in their customer satisfaction.. Plus they have a few bolt-on options to customize it to you.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtyleg
Im running the LOD Linked Carrier System with rotopax mount and I couldn't be happier. Only took them 4 weeks to get mine to my door and Chris at LOD is always a pleasure to talk with. Everytime I had a question instead of just telling me "The How To is on our website!" and then hanging up he made sure that we were on the same page and takes alot of pride in their customer satisfaction.. Plus they have a few bolt-on options to customize it to you.

That looks great!
I have zero complaints with customer service. We called a couple times. Once to clarify shipping and another to modify our order. No problems and very friendly.
Your linked carrier is the first I think I have seen on here. We called them today and changed our order to the standard model for fear we would regret selecting the carrier with limited capacity. No problems with changing the order and it ships this week and that is right on time.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are there provisions for more than one Rotopax on that tire carrier? Or is that an option through rotopax and not LOD? Looks great by the way

Last edited by jrhsvt; 05-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

These are the options they have on their website for the rotopax.

3 Gallon

Stacked 2 Gallon

Vertical 2 Gallon

But with the linked carrier you can only carry on the passenger side. If you want more options check out their website;
LoD Offroad
Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

For you guys with the LOD rear bumper....have you towed anything with it? Just wondering about the wiring for the trailer lights. I don't see anything that resembles the plug like my factory rear has. I tow a small trailer quite often. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Trailer wiring

I have not towed anything but I kept the factory plug and wiring. It is tied up to the crossmember and it is there if I ever need it. They also make a plate to attach your safety chains to. I called and they sent it right out to me. (mine did not come with the bumper) Great customer service as far as I am concerned.

Good Luck
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
I have not towed anything but I kept the factory plug and wiring. It is tied up to the crossmember and it is there if I ever need it. They also make a plate to attach your safety chains to. I called and they sent it right out to me. (mine did not come with the bumper) Great customer service as far as I am concerned.

Good Luck
Thanks Cat. i appreciate the info. How does that plate attach? Bolted? Welded? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Chain plate

In the center of the bumper there are two bolts that are used to support the middle of the bumper to the frame. It bolts there.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chew

Thanks Cat. i appreciate the info. How does that plate attach? Bolted? Welded? Thanks.
Bolted. The bumper should come with the plate though. I just ziptied my trailer lights to the rear crossmember so their out of the way but there when you need it.

Quick Reply: Front and Rear Bumpers: Poison Spyder or LOD