Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front + Rear Bumpers

Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front + Rear Bumpers

Backed into something more solid than my rear bumper (driver side corner) and now need a rear bumper -- clearly LOOKS like it did its job. Three sets of questions:

1) Choice: Warn vs Fab Fours rear w/ tire carriers and their fronts? Any significant differences wrt installation/longevity/etc.? Does anybody both w/ using same vendor for front and back? If not, I definitely like the Shrockworks Mid. For looks, they'd all work for me.

2) Installation: Will I need to do anything else but bolt these on w/ my stock '08 Rubi? I wasn't quite able to pull out the bottom line on the various threads regarding body lift/lift kits. I don't want to do any more than I have to given that I haven't made any decisions on wheels yet (plus I may as well wear out the ones I have).

3) Safety/Cost of Repairs: As far as losing the crush cans, anybody have a sense of how much this would cost me for a typical fender-bender? Is that the 5mph bumper layer of protection?

TIA, and let me know if there's anything else I'm forgetting to ask...

Last edited by dirk; 11-05-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Front + Rear Bumpers