Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front pinion angle pic

Old 10-28-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=69mach1;3273498]Know that getting a TW driveshaft is not going to fix your problem.

With a double cardan ujoint up at the transfer case it needs to take up all the driveline angle, meaning the front ujoint angle must be 0° to the pinion or vibrations can/will occur.

I installed a Rubicon Dana 44 in my Sahara, my fix was to cut the welds on the "C's" and twist them so I get the same results as a Prorock44(yes not as strong)

Well done!! You are obviously blessed with an incredible gift of welding!! That takes care of any pinion/caster problem you could have plus you strengthened it up all over!! Very nice work!! I'd love to be able to weld like that! What kind of welder do you have? I've been thinking of getting one and just start practicing on scraps abut I dont know what to start with?Dave

Last edited by dave7200; 10-28-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

[QUOTE=dave7200;3273622]
Originally Posted by 69mach1
Know that getting a TW driveshaft is not going to fix your problem.

With a double cardan ujoint up at the transfer case it needs to take up all the driveline angle, meaning the front ujoint angle must be 0° to the pinion or vibrations can/will occur.

I installed a Rubicon Dana 44 in my Sahara, my fix was to cut the welds on the "C's" and twist them so I get the same results as a Prorock44(yes not as strong)
Originally Posted by 69mach1

Well done!! You are obviously blessed with an incredible gift of welding!! That takes care of any pinion/caster problem you could have plus you strengthened it up all over!! Very nice work!! I'd love to be able to weld like that! What kind of welder do you have? I've been thinking of getting one and just start practicing on scraps abut I dont know what to start with?Dave
Thanks for the compliments, I set everything up but left the welding to a good friend that welds much more frequently than I do, hence the pretty welds

He used a Millermatic 200. I do weld but it takes much longer before I have welds I'm proud for others to see

You will really enjoy sticking two pieces of metal together with fire Once I've practiced welding a bit all is good , I simply didn't have the time to make that happen this goround

Quick Reply: Front pinion angle pic